What was the reason for this Verdict in the Election 2009?

The results in the Jammu and Kashmir polls was a welcome change in politics. It finally seems that the older generation is handing over the reins of politics to the younger one. In one of my earlier blogs I had mentioned about Barack Obama and the need for such a leader in India. It finally seems that India is getting such leaders.
The verdict also finally showed that the extremists and hardliners in the valley have finally been defeated. There was much hype till about a few days back that the people of Kashmir wanted an independent governance and that the hardliners would win if there were elections held. The voter turnout in Kashmir was at an all time high of about 64% which showed that the people of Kashmir wanted a chance to voice their opinion.
Omar Abdullah, the CM-to-be of Kashmir is the youngest Chief Minister in India. His first press conference was also impressive and when he said, "I have to bring governance back on track which has come to a halt after the summer turmoil and then model code of conduct. Unlike my predecessors, I would have to devote less time on security situation and would have a more comfortable cushion to focus on governance. The voters want basic stuff, like good roads, safe drinking water in taps, electricity at a decent price. My style is simple. I don’t believe in revenge, so you would not see arrests. There will be no massive transfers because I don’t expect officials to swear in the name of National Conference. I won’t be corrupt, so I can catch those who are".
Isn't that impressive for a young Chief Minister?

0 comments

Ads