What was the reason for this Verdict in the Election 2009?


A couple of days back, there was this news that our dear prime minister is being given a chartered plane just like that of the Air Force one that belongs to the US president. But it was to be a bit more advanced and luxurious than that of the US president. After all our prime minister is no less than that of the United Stated President. Isn't it?
We are the 2nd largest democracy in the world. That itself calls for an Air Force One like aeroplane for our Prime Minister. But I was wondering about the money that was to be involved in this. Where is it going to come from?
I as a good citizen of my country pay my income tax. Thanks to the tax-system in our country that I end up only getting 71% of what I earn every month. The big fishes in the country end up paying nominal amounts as taxes and we keep wondering as to how is it possible that they are assessed so small an amount. But our Income Tax department doesn't find anything fishy in it.
I travel on 3rd grade roads that get a gutter in it even before the Corporation decides to repair the already existing gutters. Ask them what the problem is and they would answer - it is lack of funds.
I pay 3 times the cost of fuel, just because the government feels that the oil companies in India are still not making any profit. So I have to pay that amount for the fuel that I use, because I am the financier for the oil companies in India.
So, then who is paying for our Prime Minister's chartered plane.
The answer was obvious - it is me. The common man.
As I was digesting this news, I read another news in the newspaper the other day. Another Prime Minister aspirant in my country - Mayawati (chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and the Bahujan Samaj Party Chief) is now planning to buy a chartered plane for herself. She was shown a few, but she wants one that is the best in luxury. Now ask her where the money is coming from and she would answer that it is her hard-earned money. If she as a minister, who gets a disclosed salary that is only 60% of what I am paid every month (and I have not been able to manage a house for myself) how is she able to buy a chartered plane.
Ask the Income Tax department and they think that Mayawati is a good citizen of India and should not be looked upon with suspicion.
The answer to all this is quite obvious and was something that I wrote about in one of my blogs earlier. Yes My Minister.

0 comments

Ads